This was built by Sir Thomas Lester in a similar manner to Leeds Castle of State Kent in England and construction was started in 1920 and ended in 1927. This was built by Indian architectures using rocks of two feet width to prevent cool climate including 52 rooms. All doors and windows were built using Ork timber. Many of the raw materials were imported from Scotland. This is popular among the tourist as an ancient and aesthetically important place. Piduruthalagala, kadapola, Ambewela, Boralanda, and Diyathalawa can be viewed from here. This place can be reached by travelling 2 km on Haputhale – Welimada road proceeding 1 Km via Thangamale reserve. This is opened to public only on Saturdays, Sunday and Public Holidays.