Soragune Devalaya

Religious Places

Soragune Devalaya dedicated to Lord Katharagama has a long history running back to several centuries and the details of this place are included in the ancient documents owned by the Devalaya such as thudapatha, medagama sannasa and lekam mitiya. This sacred devalaya was built by a provincial King Yapa in this year 1582 A.D.in Oder to fulfill a vow made by him, in connection with a battle that he had won. The details of this event are found in Medagama Royal Grant and other document available with the devalaya’ this devalaya can be reached by travelling 5 km along Kirawanagama road branching off at Halatuthenna town on Colombo Badulla highway.